| Job Description: ||
Your role as Produce Supervisor will include assisting with scheduling, supervision of team members as well as with the day-to-day flow of the department. Additionally, you will maintain attractive Produce displays and support the regional Produce vision. You will work closely with the Produce Team Leader and Associate Team Leader(s) to ensure smooth operation of the Produce Team. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, fresh product.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment that supports a high Team Member morale.
- Assist in training of new Team Members to build and sustain a high-performance team, utilizing learning checklists and training materials. May also assist with interviewing.
- Follow and comply with all organic standards procedures as they relate to cutting, preparing, displaying, and strong produce products.
- Build display and request and request appropriate signage.
- Monitor and maintain sanitation and cleaning checklists.
- Supervise and delegate tasks to Team Members and uphold quality standards.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of Produce Team Member.
- Open and close department according to established procedures.
- Determine break schedule and ensure all necessary breaks are given.
- Oversee the department and resolve difficult customer situations.
- Communicate team concerns to the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader.
- Support all Whole Foods Market programs (Global, Regional, Store, etc).
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Must have experience leading and motivating others, with flexibility in supervisory style.
- Extensive knowledge of floral products and our quality standards.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and delegate responsibilities.
- Proactive in all aspects of the job.
- Strong organizational skills and basic computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency.
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner.
- Strong customer service experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- Self motivated and solution oriented with a desire to learn and grow.
- Consistently communicate and model Whole Foods Market vision and goals.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)