| Job Description: ||
EOL Sustaining Engineer
Tesla Motors is seeking an engineer to support production of our electric vehicles. This engineer should have a strong technical background in diagnostics of complex software-controlled electro-mechanical systems. This candidate should be comfortable with computer systems, networks, diagnostic tools and protocols. This candidate must have a proven record of reliability and dependability to follow issues through to complete resolution & understanding.
This engineer will:
- Be responsible for diagnosing issues found during the vehicle manufacturing process and see that they get fixed at the source.
- Drive vehicles through next steps including hardware and firmware debugging, identify root cause of issues, and suggest final repairs to ensure products are built correctly and are completely functional.
- Work closely with diagnostics, firmware, and hardware experts to understand complex system interactions on the entire vehicle.
- Manipulate data from various vehicle configurations and situations to identify trends in vehicle build. Develop and modify vehicle test plans based on data analysis.
- Contribute to known-issues database for each new vehicle release
- Identify areas of improvement with existing tools or processes in order to streamline any and all processes in the factory.
This engineer should have:
- Strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for learning systems quickly.
- Hands-on skills with software, hardware, tools, instruments, general electromechanical systems, measurement techniques. CAN or network protocol analysis and interface a plus.
- Data collection and analysis experience, ideally in a Test or Quality capacity
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with team and peers within a manufacturing and engineering organization. This includes excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and email.
- Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges.
- Passion for making fantastic new products and using testing as a means to enable an engineering organization to achieve outstanding quality, reliability and excellence.
- Creative capacity for developing new ways to do things better, cheaper, faster in alignment with the aggressive Tesla approach to revolutionary product development.
* BS degree in CS, EE, ME or equivalent.
* Production experience is a plus.