Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist administers store level payroll and benefits programs. It also includes responsibilities for workers compensation, safety, record keeping, and related compliance. The person in this position will portray a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient service to team members and customers with the highest integrity.
- Process payroll according to Regional procedures, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payroll checks
- Process all payroll related paperwork; new hire, transfer, payroll/personnel changes, separation, LOAs, direct deposit and TMEF ensuring necessary paperwork is sent to Central and maintained in proper files and the proper HRIS system is updated
- Ensure receipt of proper I-9 identification and timeliness and receipt of re-certification
- Prepare and maintain Team Member files ensuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially
- Respond timely and accurately to all garnishments, loan verifications, subpoenas and unemployment claims
- Serve as benefits liaison, conduct benefits and 401K enrollment meetings, monitor Team Member benefits eligibility, and assist in ongoing enrollment
- Ensure HIPPA compliance at all times
- Conduct new member introduction, ensure new members are scheduled for new hire orientation
- Monitor safety compliance throughout the store, and ensure investigation reports are properly completed and submitted
- Provide team member with necessary information, pamphlets and forms regarding work related injuries
- Ensure regional policy and OSHA regulations are followed regarding Workers Compensation and safety
- Report all claims to insurance company within 24 hours, determining which accidents are reportable
- Ensure all related workers compensation paperwork is completed accurately and maintained in proper files
- Assist in hiring process including job postings, employment ads, and screening applicants
- Provide educational training to Team Members and Team Leaders regarding basic aspects of Human Resources
- Process all federal, state and company leaves of absences ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness
- Maintain strict confidentiality as it pertains to all human resource issues
- Understand and adhere to federal and state employment and wage and hour laws
- Attend store, department, regional meetings, classes and task forces as required
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- A minimum of 2 years previous HR experience with payroll, benefits, and labor laws
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and high level of honesty and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with other Team Members and leadership.
- Positive attitude and willingness to assist team members
- Ability to comprehend instructions, correspondence, technical procedures and adherence to state and federal laws related to payroll, benefits, workers compensation, deadlines and policies
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook at an entry lev el
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the store, including nights and weekends as required.
Essential Job Functions:
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.