Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Part Time|
The Cooking Coach will be a key team member in launching a new cooking at home program. The goal is to bring back the fun and excitement of cooking at home. This person will be the cooking personality of the store; the go-to person for all things cooking. We are seeking an individual that loves teaching, training, mentoring and offers the best in customer service skills. This Team Member will not only teach, but will have the strong desire to learn and absorb information on all things cooking related.
- Bring the passion of cooking back into our community and continue to maintain an enthusiasm for cooking within the community.
- Coach and mentor customers & Team Members on how to cook wholesome meals.
- Connect and engage with customers; become the ?go-to person? for food questions and expertise.
- Teach others proper cooking techniques.
- Share knowledge of single ingredients including origin, cooking technique, seasonality, nutritional value, etc.
- Interact with hundreds of customers and team members a week answering, asking and assisting with questions/information related to all things cooking at home.
- Stay informed about natural whole foods and Whole Foods Market quality standards.
- Have an awareness of dietary choices (gluten free, vegan, macrobiotic) and the ability to adjust menus to meet these needs.
- Have an understanding of the Health Starts Here guidelines.
- Be an active member of the Grocery team, providing support to the Grocery Bulk Team including stocking, packaging and general maintenance.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional culinary experience in any of these areas: professional kitchen, culinary school instructor, recreational cooking instructor, food writer/blogger,
- Knowledge of beer and wine, preferred.
- Ability to maintain an approachable manner when interacting with customers.
- In-depth culinary knowledge including food and cooking techniques.
- Keen awareness of culinary trends including ?hot? ingredients, latest media mentions, and magazine features.
- Comfortable presenting to a group as well as connecting in a one-on-one setting.
- Ability to create menus and recipes that are both accurate and home cook user-friendly.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Embody the Whole Foods Market culture.
- High energy with the ability to engage others.
- Continually learning and experimenting with new and tastier ways to cook whole foods.
- Excellent computer skills including using Microsoft applications and a recipe program
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.