Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
Performs all functions necessary to daily operation of the department; inventory control, ensure maintenance of back room and floor, train and support Specialty Team Members, and has desire to move into a leadership position.
- Consistently, communicate and model Whole Foods vision and goal. Assist in the interview, selection, training, development, and counseling of Team Members in a manner, which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turn over. Discuss hiring and termination decisions with guidance of Specialty Team Leader, Store Team
- Leader and Coordinator. Establish and maintain a positive work environment.
- Manage inventory to achieve targeted gross profit margin. Manage the ordering process to meet Whole Foods Market quality standards, maintain competitive pricing and achieve targeted sales
- Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising in support of regional and national vision
- Establish and maintain collaborative and productive working relationship with Team Leader, STL, Regional Team, Team Leaders, and all Team Members. Model and cultivate effective inter-department and inter-store communication.
- Provide accurate, complete information in daily, weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc management reports.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of, and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory rules and standards.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- At least two (2) years of retail or restaurant leadership/management experience. Grocery industry preferred. Typical transferable titles include: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Department Head, or Sommelier.
- Passionate about Whole Foods Market's mission, vision and values. Takes pride in work and embraces an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A proactive approach to leadership and team member development
- Excellent management skills with experience running smooth and successful operations.
- Comprehensive product knowledge with the willingness to share customers and team members alike.
- Must love food! A passion for gourmet cheeses, artisan beer, fine wines, and providing the highest quality products possible.
- Ability and/or capacity to make suggestions regarding food and beverage pairings, discuss flavor and or vintage profiles, and cheese/wine/beer styles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to coach, train, and mentor.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities. Proficient mathematical skills to calculate margin, monitor profitability, and manage inventory.
- Business acumen; general knowledge of Profit and Loss (P&L) and/or other financial statements.
- Sound decision-making and leadership skills.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Certified purchaser experience preferred, and in the NE region is required.
Essential Job Functions: