| Job Description: ||
The Southwest Region of Whole Foods Market is seeking an Office Services Specialist to assist with daily support at its Support Office located in Austin, Texas. The Southwest Support Office is home to those whom support our 30 stores and 3 facilities in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas.|
- Primary responsibility for intake of deliveries and guests.
- Primary responsibility for sorting of mail and deliveries.
- Conference room maintenance and support
- Set up conference rooms (i.e. tables, chairs, desks, furniture, etc.)
- Clean and maintain order in meeting rooms
- General event preparation & coordination with organizers and caterers
- Kitchen/Break-room maintenance:
- Wash dishes, cleaning kitchen equipment and appliances, etc.
- Stock kitchens; coffee/tea, creamers, snacks, etc.
- Maintain Print Rooms and Mail Room:
- Monitor and empty recycling collection points throughout office as needed.
- Stock office supplies.
- Monitor supply inventory and assist with supply orders.
- Assist with general light maintenance and repair:
- Furniture and appliances.
- Hanging white boards and pictures.
- Assist with shipping & receiving tools and services including:
- Postage meter, UPS Worldship, and FedEx Ship Manager
- Assist with other office services responsibilities, including, Audio/Visual, copy machine maintenance, mail/shipping & receiving, and reception desk and Team projects as needed.
- Coordinates building maintenance and repairs with Buildings & Grounds Maintenance that affect normal building operation
- Provides occupants with updates of electrical, water and other service outages and scheduled shutdowns
- Building security
- Requests special janitorial services
- Stays informed of changes to space assignments in their facilities
- Facility emergency plans
- During evacuations, assists emergency response teams in assessing building condition, locating missing personnel, shutting off utilities, and delivering a status report to assembly point leaders
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Education
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products such as; Word, Excel and Outlook (beginner level)
- Basic office equipment experience preferred (copier, fax, shipping and receiving tools)
- Written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt in a fast paced environment
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
Physical working conditions
WHO WE ARE
- Lifting: maximum 50 pounds unassisted including small tools, copy paper, etc.
- Standing/walking 6+ hours and sitting 1+ hour in a standard 8-hour workday.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant lifestyle brands in the country.
- We have been named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America by FORTUNE magazine for 15 consecutive years.
- Our company's motto, Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet captures its mission to ensure customer satisfaction and health, Team Member excellence and happiness, enhanced shareholder and supplier partner value, community support and environmental improvement.
- With $12.9 billion in sales last year, 367 stores, and more than seven million customer visits each week, Whole Foods Market is dedicated to providing communities with fresh, healthy, natural and organic food.
- We are an always-evolving, experimental lifestyle retailer with a goal of reaching 1,000 stores.