Show me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
The Healthy Eating Specialist ensures that Whole Foods Market guests receive exceptional service. You will inspire and educate shoppers on healthy choices in cooking, shopping, eating and menu planning. This team member uses their expertise to drive sales of select merchandise related to a healthy lifestyle.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrable experience in using Whole Foods Market products to achieve a well-balanced diet focused on health. Additionally, candidates should have a deep knowledge of Whole Foods Market culture and quality standards.
- Bring a high level of energy onto the sales floor of the store to educate our guests and Team Members on healthy eating.
- Serves as the store's Healthy Eating expert for every occasion that might arise.
- Distribute educational materials provided by our Global Quality Standards team and provide guests with additional resources from the Whole Foods Market website.
- Appear as needed as a spokesperson/demonstration cook for community and store events.
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution.
- Provide our guests with legendary guest service.
- Complete maintenance of the department including stocking and merchandising.
- Ordering product from vendors as appropriate.
- Assist in the training and development of Team Members as assigned.
- Achieve required margin targets for department.
- Support all regional and global programs and policies.
- Work an extremely flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Work all inventories as required and monitor inventory levels and purchase journals.
- Meet all accounting deadlines.
- Uphold all standards pertaining to cleanliness and food safety programs.
- Maintain safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Comply with all regulatory rules and regulations including local food and sanitation laws.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Expert food knowledge and experience in healthy eating, cooking and menu planning.
- Ability to work successfully without supervision.
- Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Successful experience working in a retail environment.
- Strong demonstrated guest service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong demonstrated organizational skills.
- Strong demonstrated merchandising skills and product knowledge.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Functions:
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.