| Job Description: ||
The Grocery Team Leader is accountable for all department operations including those of the sub-teams: Frozen Foods, Bulk, Ambient Grocery, Dairy, and other applicable areas. Responsibilities include Team Member hiring, mentoring, supervision, buying and merchandising department products, scheduling and managing financials, controlling inventory, complying with relevant regulations and standards, and completing special projects as assigned. We are seeking a dynamic passionate foodie.
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution.
- Model and provide our customers with outstanding customer service.
- Train and lead an outstanding team in a manner consistent with regional vision and standards.
- Implement and fully support all regional programs.
- Establish a positive work environment and maintain high team morale.
- Develop Associate Team Leaders and Supervisors as potential Team Leaders through a focused succession plan.
- Drive team productivity and achieve required margin and labor targets.
- Maintain well-stocked and beautifully merchandised department.
- Work all inventories as required, monitor inventory levels and utilize Store Ops. Program.
- Uphold all standards pertaining to cleanliness, Steri-Tech and TCS programs.
- Be an active participant in the store leadership team.
- Communicate and maintain Team Member safety and security standards.
- Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising.
- Establish collaborative and productive working relationships with others.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Ability to multi-task, excellent follow-through and ability to see the big picture.
- High energy, enthusiasm and the willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Strong knowledge of department financials and labor.
- Excellent customer service skills and high standards of excellence.
- Ability to creatively merchandise in and out of Grocery Department.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and motivational skills.
- Must work a schedule that includes the minimum of one opening, closing, mid and weekend shift per week
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Whole Foods Market policies and standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and signage/labeling for accuracy.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Certified purchaser experience preferred, and in the NE region is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)