| Job Description: ||
As a Cake Decorator, you will be responsible for creating appealing designs on our specialty bakery goods. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delightful service.
- Creatively decorate all cakes, tarts, and pastries as well as special order items.
- Assist with the production all mandatory bakery products (parfaits, cake slices, bars, cupcakes, etc.)
- Maintain the highest level of kitchen cleanliness and organization.
- Respond to work requests from other departments, on an as-needed basis.
- Fill out production sheets completely and accurately according to regional standards.
- Utilize spoilage sheets to gauge and adjust production sheets to maintain product.
- Produce in-house products building to daily per levels specified on production sheets.
- Follows and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
- Operates and sanitizes all equipment in a safe and proper manner
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Team Leader (Department Manager), Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager), or Supervisor
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Ability to follow instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Basic reading skills sufficient to read and understand recipes and information about ingredients.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with other Team Members and leadership.
- Cake decorator/pastry production experience required.
- Creative cake decoration skills, ability to make flowers, decorative borders, elegant piping techniques.
- Willingness to learn and grow with the Bakery team.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position.
- Ability to operate all necessary equipment.
- Use of box cutters
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)