Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Part Time|
As a member of our Meat Team, your role will include setting and maintaining attractive Meat displays and supporting the regional Meat vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
• Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
• Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and displays clean and well stocked, while continuously checking and ensuring freshness and quality of products.
• Prepare, package, weigh, and price meat department products for sale.
• Prepare specialty merchandise and cut sub primal meat cuts (for example: sausage, ready to cook products, and cured meats).
• Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
• Follow department procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, and stocking product.
• Assist with sampling program by keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing and by sampling products directly to customers.
• Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
• Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
• This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
• Previous meat retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
• Ability to sell proactively.
• Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department and basic meat cooking procedures.
• Willingness to taste and evaluate all products offered in department.
• Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
• Effective time management skills.
• Strong work ethic and integrity.
• Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
• Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.