Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
Provides overall management and supervision of the Specialty Department. Responsible critical business decisions such as Team Member hiring, development, and terminations. Also responsible for profitability, expense control, buying merchandising, regularity compliance, and special projects as assigned. Complete accountability for all aspects of department operations.
- Consistently, communicate and model Whole Foods vision and goal. Assist in the interview, selection, training, development, and counseling of Team Members in a manner, which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turn over.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment.
- Manage inventory to achieve targeted gross profit margin. Manage the ordering process to meet Whole Foods Market quality standards, maintain competitive pricing and achieve targeted sales
- Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising in support of regional and global vision
- Establish and maintain collaborative and productive working relationship with Team Leader, STL, Regional Team, Team Leaders, and all Team Members. Model and cultivate effective inter-department and inter-store communication.
- Provide accurate, complete information in daily, weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc management reports.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of, and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory rules and standards.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- At least two (2) years of retail or restaurant leadership/management experience. Grocery industry preferred. Typical transferable titles include: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Department Head, or Sommelier.
- Passionate about Whole Foods Market's mission, vision and values. Takes pride in work and embraces an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A proactive approach to leadership and team member development
- Excellent management skills with experience running smooth and successful operations.
- Comprehensive product knowledge with the willingness to share customers and team members alike.
- Must love food! A passion for gourmet cheeses, artisan beer, fine wines, and providing the highest quality products possible.
- Ability and/or capacity to make suggestions regarding food and beverage pairings, discuss flavor and or vintage profiles, and cheese/wine/beer styles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to coach, train, and mentor.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities. Proficient mathematical skills to calculate margin, monitor profitability, and manage inventory.
- Business acumen; knowledgeable of Profit and Loss (P&L) and/or other financial statements.
- Sound decision-making and leadership skills.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Certified purchaser experience preferred, and in the NE region is required.
Essential Job Functions: