Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
As a Prepared Foods 2 nd Associate Team Leader, you will assist the Prepared Foods Team Leader and Associate Team Leader in the daily operation of the department. Responsibilities include inventory control, the team's profitability, maintenance of backstock and department sales floor, and training and supporting Prepared Foods Team Members. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members. Exhibits desire and potential ability to move into a Team Leader position.
- Assist and support the Prepared Foods Team Leader and Associate Team Leader with all departmental functions.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food. Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
- Assist in the interviewing, training, development and counseling processes of all Team Members in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale.
- Create a labor schedule to leverage productivity within the needs of the department.
- Follow department procedures to maintain supplies, backstock and coolers and to track product transfers and spoilage.
- Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising to support the regional and national WFM vision.
- Know product availability, preparation, storage and nutritional aspects.
- Ensure Chef/Cook are following up to date and accurate recipes.
- Manage inventory and pricing, including signage, to achieve required margin and labor targets. Oversee sampling of department products to the customers.
- Supervise and maintain special order system.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Previous kitchen, culinary, deli, restaurant, kitchen management, cooking or customer service experience.
- Desire to become a Prepared Foods Team Leader.
- Good communicator and motivator; able to work well with others and convey enthusiasm.
- Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
- Can train and inspire a diverse group of Team Members to excellence in all aspects of the department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for natural foods.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Certified purchaser experience preferred, and in the NE region is required.
Essential Job Functions:
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.