| Job Description: ||
General Summary The Pacific Northwest Region of Whole Foods Market is excitedly seeking an engaging and results driven HR Business Partner to provide focused HR management and advisory services across a full range of Team Member activities. As a valued HR Team Member you will have the opportunity to significantly impact the business by partnering with Regional Leadership on the design, delivery and implementation of HR strategies. The HRBP will significantly contribute and create the delivery of career development / succession-planning, performance development, learning and development, recruitment and retention and HR systems. This transformational leadership professional will be a strong HR generalist with specific expertise and experience in recruiting, learning & development, leadership development and coaching, talent management, program design, team building, training and facilitation. Prior experience in a retail environment is a must and ideally experience in the grocery industry. This position will provide support for the Pacific Northwest Region which is comprised of nineteen (19) stores, three office locations and one distribution center in Washington, Oregon and British Columbia, Canada. This position is a PNW Regional position based in Bellevue, Washington and will travel throughout the region as needed. |
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be inspiring! Contribute to a revolution of engaged and experiential learning & development and talent acquisition and effectiveness
- Assist leadership build organizational capabilities and behaviors
- Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for Team Members to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes
- Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement
- Partner in the design and development of various programs and learning mechanisms to be delivered in a variety of settings and methods including social media and technology.
- In partnership with Whole Food Market Store Team Leaders, develop, execute and deliver leadership development and talent management programs and training
- Facilitate the delivery of instructor led trainings, as needed and/or assigned.
- Partner in the development, delivery and monitoring of the Regional Store Team Trainer Program.
- Partner with and build strong collaborative relationships across the Region's subject matter experts (SMEs) to regularly address and solve organizational, team and team member training needs.
- Incorporate WFM's values, mission and standards of excellence into all training materials.
- Mentor and coach members of the HR Teams
- Facilitate team building events and other educational activities for all stores and facilities as needed.
- Coordinate and assist with New Store Orientations, as needed and/or assigned.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, by L&D Director, HR Executive Director or Regional Leadership.
- Travel is required within the PNW Region with the approval from the L&D Director, HR Executive Director or Regional Leadership.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5 - 8 years Human Resources with expertise in Talent & Learning, Development, Recruiting and Training / Facilitation
- Previous experience in a retail environment is required, grocery industry preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of supervisor/management experience coaching, developing and mentoring a team required.
- Passion for the Whole Foods Market culture and missions who believes in and demonstrates service-based and conscious leadership
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suites skills (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Illustrator and Outlook).
- Previous Learning Management Systems (LMS) experience (as a Super User preferred).
- Experience with video editing and SharePoint Server is a plus.
- Ability to work and effectively multi-task in an ambiguous, fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent presentation skills with small and large groups - at all levels of the organization.
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, conveying confidence, professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Must be self-motivated and solution oriented, and have excellent follow through.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the Region.
- Must be able to travel within the Region and occasionally outside of the Region.
- Must demonstrate a high level of creativity and vision.
- Must have a proactive approach to problem solving and the ability to embrace change with enthusiasm.
- Able to meet all physical job requirements.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
WHO WE ARE
- Involves travel between facilities and/or stores.
- Mental and physical dexterity.
- Repetitive hand and arm motion.
- Some exposure to dust, fumes and chemicals.
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
- Exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises.
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift.
- Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant lifestyle brands in the country.
- We have been named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America by FORTUNE magazine for 15 consecutive years.
- Our company's motto, Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet captures its mission to ensure customer satisfaction and health, Team Member excellence and happiness, enhanced shareholder and supplier partner value, community support and environmental improvement.
- With $12.9 billion in sales last year, 367 stores, and more than seven million customer visits each week, Whole Foods Market is dedicated to providing communities with fresh, healthy, natural and organic food.
- We are an always-evolving, experimental lifestyle retailer with a goal of reaching 1,000 stores.