| Job Description: ||
The role of Produce Team Leader provides overall leadership to the Produce Team to ensure that all objectives and goals of the department and store, as communicated by Store Leadership/Regional Coordinator, are met or exceeded. This position has complete accountability for all aspects of department operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor and regulatory compliance. Candidates must be prepared to think, learn and contribute all while consistently communicating and modeling the Whole Foods Market vision and goals.
- Hire, develop, counsel, mentor and motivate all Produce Team Members in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.
- Provide the Produce Team with vision and direction.
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution.
- Work with Team Members to ensure the highest quality products and services are available.
- Maximize productivity and efficiency through proper scheduling.
- Manage inventory and pricing to achieve required margin and labor targets.
- Maintain proper product assortment, merchandising and inventory control.
- Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising to support the Region and Global vision.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale.
- Project annual sales and expenses, with guidance of Store Team Leader and prepare annual operating budget.
- Achieve budgeted expense levels; departmental profit and store profit contributions goals.
- Manage the buying and ordering process to meet Whole Foods quality standards.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and regularly incorporate new products into the overall produce mix.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Demonstrated a minimum of 2 to 3 years of leadership experience overseeing 10 or more people in a grocery retail environment.
- Plan and direct complex business operations and ability to solve business-related problems.
- Ability to read and prepare reports and business communications.
- Experience successfully managing inventory, profit margins and labor budgets.
- Strongly demonstrated passion and knowledge for Produce and Natural and Organic foods.
- Clear and effective communicator.
- Strong ability to work with others in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability at mentoring others.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strongly demonstrated merchandising skills.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Certified purchaser experience preferred, and in the NE region is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)