| Job Description: ||
The GPP Logistics Team is responsible for transportation over the road, by air, and by sea. We work with freight forwarders, rail companies, airlines, OTR asset based companies, truck brokers, cold storages, freezers, sheds, WFM distribution centers, ripeners, processers, and customers. This position reports directly to the GPP Logistics Team Leader.|
Were looking for a candidate who is dedicated to the principles and core values of Whole Foods Market and has a passion for providing our customers with the highest quality perishables in the industry. This position is based in the GPP office in Watsonville, CA.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Communicate with dispatchers, drivers, cooler personnel, vendors, receiving team members, regional buyers, national buyers, accounting team members, and the rest of the logistics team.
- Accurately manage email flow of 300 to 600 messages per weekday.
- Provide guidance to regional receivers and order management teams to assist them in their tasks.
- Combine multiple product orders to create loads with simultaneous goals of maintaining temperature compatibility, filling each truck by either space or weight, maintaining appropriate freight costs, and keeping the routing within parameters for on time delivery.
- Assist other team members to meet their deadlines by helping them with whichever tedious rote task is the issue at that time.
- Determine transportation requirements by using in-house software capabilities.
- Communicate logistical challenges to the effected party before they become issues.
- Communicate truck planning issues, interpret weekly reports and resolve conflicts.
- Enter data/information into accounting database.
- Meet established daily deadlines.
- Resolve freight billing discrepancies.
- Perform truck forecasting tasks.
- Manage transportation vendors.
- Track trucks while loading and through delivery.
- Document late trucks.
- Problem arrival resolution, including writing credits by the deadline.
- Contribute to the Logistics Team achieving its quarterly bonus criteria.
- Participate in developing the GPP Team into a state of the art service operation that creates the best produce program possible at WFM.
- An ability to handle stress while maintaining a high level of productivity, organization, and communication.
- Experience in the transportation of perishable, temperature controlled product.
- A clear understanding of the importance of logistics to the success of the customers.
- Quick on feet, make quick but considered decisions, strong math skills.
- Excellent communication & computer skills.
- Willing to work early mornings & take occasional late night calls -some weekends.
- Patience, Perseverance, & Tolerance.
- A great sense of humor.
- Willingness to ask for anything.
- Commitment to the highest level of customer service.
- Commitment to the core values of Whole Foods Market.
**At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
WHO WE ARE
- Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant lifestyle brands in the country.
- We have been named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America by FORTUNE magazine for 15 consecutive years.
- Our company's motto, Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet captures its mission to ensure customer satisfaction and health, Team Member excellence and happiness, enhanced shareholder and supplier partner value, community support and environmental improvement.
- With $12.9 billion in sales last year, 367 stores, and more than seven million customer visits each week, Whole Foods Market is dedicated to providing communities with fresh, healthy, natural and organic food.
- We are an always-evolving, experimental lifestyle retailer with a goal of reaching 1,000 stores.