Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Part Time|
This position assists the store's Team Member Services team with administering team member payroll and benefits programs. Additionally, this position ensures that all Regional and Global benefit information is distributed to team members. This position is also responsible for ensuring positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members. This is an entry level payroll and benefits position.
- Process Team Member payroll ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payroll checks.
- Proper handling, processing, data entry, and filing of all paperwork related to new hires, transfers, payroll/personnel changes, leaves of absence, direct deposit, Team Member Emergency Funds, separations, Workers Comp, and all other applicable areas. Includes maintenance of both hard copy and electronic data in a variety of systems.
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws, policies, restrictions, practices, payroll administration rules, and HR paperwork handling procedures.
- Distribute and audit payroll reports, making corrections as necessary, ensuring proper handling, retention and regulatory compliance.
- Set up and maintain personnel and other employment files, ensuring secure confidentiality, proper storage and auditing for compliance as needed.
- Respond in a timely manner to all garnishments, loan verifications, and other similar requests.
- Educate Team Members in understanding payroll check information and troubleshoot Team Member payroll questions.
- Assist with managing Benefits deadlines for new members. Assist Team Members with enrolling, changing and updating benefits information through online system and telephone and answer Team Member Benefits questions.
- Work with Team Member and leadership to ensure proper handling of situations where Team Members are injured on the job.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as it pertains to all Payroll and Benefit issues.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Prior experience in at least two of the following areas is preferred: Payroll, Benefits, Worker Compensation
- High level of honesty, integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- Excellent people skills and approachability, proactively accessible and responsive to all Team Members.
- Excellent communication including verbal, written and listening skills. Positive attitude and desire to assist Team Members.
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Desire for a career in Human Resources.
- Flexible attitude and acceptance of change.
- Accuracy in work and detail-oriented; well-organized with good follow through and ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Basic math skills as they relate to payroll, paid time off and benefits programs. Ability to perform simple math operations (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Computer knowledge including Word, Excel and data-entry experience.
- Willingness to work according to scheduling needs of the store.
Essential Job Functions:
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.