| Job Description: ||
The role of Produce Associate Team Leader performs all functions necessary to support the daily operations of the department. Responsibilities include inventory control, maintenance of back room and floor, and training and supporting of Produce Team Members. Candidates must be prepared to think, learn and contribute all while consistently communicating and modeling the Whole Foods Market vision and goals. In addition, must exhibit a desire and potential to move into a Team Leader position.
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Assist in the interviewing, training, developing and counseling processes of all Team Members in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale.
- Train Team Members in proper product handling and storage, stocking, ordering, equipment operation, building displays and product rotation.
- In the absence of the Team Leader, supervise, schedule and assign duties to the Team Members.
- Recommend disciplinary action, transfers, promotions, rate increases and consult with Team Leader on Team Member job dialogues.
- Manage inventory and pricing to achieve required margin and labor targets.
- Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising to support the Region and Global vision.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Follow and comply with all organic standards procedures as they relate to cutting, preparing, displaying and storing produce products.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of Produce experience, with leadership duties preferred.
- Passion and knowledge for Produce and Natural and Organic foods.
- A desire to become a Team Leader within Whole Foods Market.
- Clear and effective communicator.
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math sufficient to calculate margins, monitor profitability and manage inventory.
- Strong ability to effectively work with others in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability at mentoring others.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strongly demonstrated merchandising skills.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Certified purchaser experience preferred, and in the NE region is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.