| Job Description: ||
AECOM is actively seeking an HR Manager for the Hudson Bergen Light Rail. This position is located in Jersey City, New Jersey . The HR Manager will be responsible for the delivery of HR solutions to managers, employees and HR Leadership within the project with a high level of customer focus. The position reports to the Associate Director within Solution Delivery for the Civil Construction and Mining Business.|
Key responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Minimum Requirements Minimum Requirements:
- Provides day-to-day HR support to approximately 200 non-union and union employees,
- Acts as a liaison between the front-line and HR to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs.
- Provides research and specialty knowledge support to customers with agreed to service levels.
- Works with employees, line managers and appropriate HR/legal teams to provide employee relations expertise in navigating ER issues and investigations as appropriate.
- Interface with employees and managers in issues dealing with the Family Medical Leave Act and Workmens Compensation in the application of short term disability, and long term disability guidelines
- Is an integral part of the staffing process. Deliver on-site new hire orientation for both craft and management.
- Supports front-line managers (BUL/Dept Mgrs/Supervisors) in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
- Reviews key business performance targets (retention and hiring) and their related talent implications with front-line managers.
- Assists front-line managers in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards.
- Coaches managers in employee relations skills and in obtaining higher levels of employee engagement.
- Acts as the Affirmative Action Plan coordinator
- Facilitates a strong leadership and coaching culture.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration or demonstrated equivalent.
- 6 years of diverse experience in all areas of human resources.
- Experience working in a union environment under a collective bargain agreement.
- Experience working in a non-union environment.
- Extensive experience investigating and resolving employee relations issues.
- Broad knowledge of all areas within human resources. May have depth of knowledge in function derived from experience in non-management and middle management roles.
- Previous management experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Customer service/client focus
- Ability to build and lead a high performing team
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Requirements:
- Understanding of and experience with New Jersey labor laws
- PHR or SPHR Certification
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Relocation and per diem support are not available for this position.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.