| Job Description: ||
AECOM is seeking a HR Business Partner, Power to be based in our Princeton, New Jersey office. |
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is a key member of the Construction Services HR Leadership Team responsible for partnering with business leaders to ensure HR strategies support the business needs and objectives. The HRBP directs the implementation and prioritization of talent strategies for their assigned business stakeholders.
Minimum Requirements Minimum Requirements:
- Collaborate with business leadership, managers, and employees as the primary HR strategic advisor for a geography or small to midsize strategic business unit (SBU)
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with leadership and proactively provide advice and the people context for business decisions
- Manage and build a strategic talent pipeline across the organization
- Promote the strategic relationship between HR and management to define business challenges, identify opportunities to deliver value-added HR services and programs, and translate them into focused HR initiatives
- Network and collaborate with other HR Business Partners, CoEs, Solution Delivery, and Organizational Effectiveness to agree on a common innovation agenda, agree on the people agenda throughout the organization, leverage experiences / practices across geographies, and evaluate effectiveness of HR solutions
- Partner with the CoEs, Organizational Effectiveness and Solution Delivery to ensure that HR programs are feasible for the business and can be implemented
- Interpret HR policies and approve exceptions to policy within delegated authority
- Actively listen and seek to understand various points of view to arrive at best solution
- Embrace and drive change for HR programs
- Support employee engagement and cultural programs and initiatives
- Confidently manage upwards and downwards throughout the organization
- Monitor HR data and trends and leverage business intelligence to provide new insights
- Monitor results of the delivered HR programs, and work with other areas of HR to facilitate changes and improvements as needed
- Actively promote and reinforce enterprise values
- Integrates functional strategies and develops specific objectives for the assigned business unit
- Develops and approves exceptions to policy tied directly to the relevant area of responsibility, in accordance with the Signature of Authority governance document
- Adapts and executes functional or departmental business plans and contributes to the development of functional or departmental strategies
- Decisions are guided by functional strategies and priorities
- Is accountable for the performance and results of a sub-function, geography, or small- to mid- size strategic business unit
- Analyzes complex issues and is accountable for solving challenging problems within a geography, sub-function, or small to mid-size strategic business unit
- Broad knowledge of all areas within human resources. May have depth of knowledge in function derived from experience in non-management and middle management roles.
- Leads the HR function for a sub-function, geography, or small to mid-size strategic business unit. Typically, an individual contributor with no direct management requirements. Must influence and work closely with assigned HR partners in Solution Delivery.
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated understanding of business strategy
- Ability to build deep and influential business partnerships throughout the organization by demonstrating an understanding of business fundamentals and decision-making processes
- Embraces change and views challenges as business opportunities
- Demonstrated success in championing change
- Ability to confidently facilitate conversations between people with differing views and backgrounds
- Ability to modify own behaviors and approaches to address diverse needs and audiences
- Ability to breakdown complex situations into individual components and understand the interrelationship between these components
- Demonstrated success working in a global, complex organization across functions, regions, cultures, and levels
- Adept at flexible and creative problem-solving
- Able to appropriately push back and challenge the status quo
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with senior level managers and executives
- Able and willing to regularly travel regionally
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration or demonstrated equivalent
- Extensive experience in all areas of human resources with 6 years in human resources management
- Experience working as an HR BP in the power / engineering / nuclear industry OR experience working in a HR BP in a complex, large organization is required for this position.
- Master's degree in business, organizational development, human resources, or equivalent
- Certified in human resources, examples include SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-SCP
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Relocation and per diem support are not available for this position.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.