| Job Description: ||
Part of the L'Oreal Group, The Body Shop International is a natural and ethical beauty brand, with 3050 stores in 66 markets around the world, operating through a multi-channel retail strategy, including stand-alone stores, global travel retail locations and e-commerce sites.
Purpose of role:
Identify and implement opportunities to grow our sales and operating profit globally across different channels using current and future data sources to model current consumer and transactional behaviour, identify key business insights and then forecast future behaviour across country, product or channel.
Measure current business drivers directly Using current and future data source available to identify the key business drivers and effective and efficient ways to monitor their impact across our different channels
Specific examples include;
3. Forecast future behaviour
- Validate success of NPD launches.
- Measure impact and success of promotions and golden rules
- Measure retail pricing elasticity
- Measure impact of key initiatives such as store redesign
- Validate success of new customer recruitment initiatives
- Constantly improve methodologies and dashboards to refine the insights.
- Use analytics to see the ROI of media activities (digital marketing, outdoor, TV trial etc.)
- Identify and action key business insights including;
- Drivers of NPD success
- Category drivers of growth/decline
- To develop hypothesis on a continuous basis around negative or positive variances that are proven or disproven through analytical interrogation of the data
- To use curiosity and analytical integrity to ensure the data presented is accurate and meaningful
4. Lead the analytics function globally
- Apply data analysis and data modeling techniques to establish trends and forecasts.
- Set up reliable system (integrated with CMI and Commercial) for forecasting sales potential on NPD
- Identify key target audiences within our database and ways to optimize sales though increases spend, frequency or trading up
- Develop and action the analytics strategy for the business
- Helping markets optimise business analytics reporting
- Work closely and present findings directly to senior stakeholders in the business
- Support team on meta-analysis, drivers analysis and key multivariate statistical techniques to feed into insight projects
- Find new and better data sources to unlock business insight
- In conjunction with the International IT function, ensure that appropriate software systems/solutions are in place to accelerate the access to data and reports by more people in the business, more quickly
- Proven substantial experience in business analytics that has driven change in a business
- Experience in data manipulation on large databases.
- Strong data analytics and modelling experience.
- Reporting and automation skills including experience with Excel (Macros / VBA) to deliver regular reports.
- Experience with Siebel or similar to extract the customer profile data.
- Experience with SAP or similar to extract order data.
- Strong presentation & interpretation skills, and experience of explaining advanced & complex statistical results to a non-technical audience.
- Understanding of business strategies and activity planning.
- Capacity to interact and work effectively with senior stakeholders and team
- Working in a global or multi-country environment with the complexity that this implies.
- Working in retail with the understanding of retail metrics and drivers to them
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (Applied Statistics Degree preferred).
What we offer:
- A passion driven environment where you will share challenges, achievements and innovations with your peers, manager and direct reports
- A tailor-made integration plan to set you for success and an on-going focus on your development
- Competitive salary and benefits package