| Job Description: ||
The Recruiting Manager is a key member of AECOM's new business proposal team and plays an active hands-on role in technical proposal development. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of working on USAID-funded proposals and project staffing with an established network of experts: Chiefs of Party (COPs), Deputy Chiefs of Party (DCOPs), Country Directors, and Senior-Level Specialists for technical sectors such as economic development, governance and urban management, civil society and capacity development, climate change adaptation and WASH. Provide general or specialized recruiting support for multiple locations.|
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- In close collaboration with proposal director and proposal teams, develop winning themes, write persuasive personnel sections of proposals, and ensure highest quality supporting documentation including resumes, personnel matrices, and other related materials
- Source applicants utilizing a variety of recruiting methods including, but not limited to, newspaper advertising, internet sources, colleges, professional publications and associations, and internal and external job fairs.
- Screen resumes and forward to appropriate hiring managers and/or local HR Representatives.
- Interview applicants as appropriate.
- Represent the company at recruiting events including, but not limited to, external job fair(s), on-site job fair(s), and college recruiting event(s).
- Conduct reference checks on applicants.
- Prepare job postings and distribute internally and externally.
- Prepare offer letters in conjunction with HR Representatives.
- Maintain applicant flow data for AAP.
- Identify diversity outreach agencies.
- Manage resumes through use of an applicant tracking system or resume database.
- Provide recruitment training to management and HR staff.
- Maintain metrics related to the recruitment function.
- Develop, foster and maintain a network of contacts domestically and internationally, to help identify and source highly qualified short and long-term, international and country-specific staff
- Actively participate in capture and proposals strategy and recruitment-related activities
- Responsible for writing the Personnel chapter of the proposals along with re-writing all of the Key Personnel CVs.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 15 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job. Minimum Requirements
Preferred Qualifications N/A What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Corporate HRIS system and applicant tracking module is required
- Solid and proven writing and synthesizing capability; Proposal writing experience is required
- Experienced manager, supervisor, or mentor
- Demonstrable experience on USAID-funded opportunities
- Advanced-level computer proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability and flexibility to work independently and with teams in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Strong networking, interviewing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative, pay attention to detail, and improve business practices and processes
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse team environment with all levels of staff and ability to maintain excellent work relationships with staff, candidates, and subcontractors
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, build lasting relationships and command attention and respect of senior level leaders
- Ability to travel overseas
- Preference for field-based international development experience on USAID-funded programs
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance
- Position may require travel. Willing to travel for extended periods of time and in some post-conflict environments
- Manage, support, develop, and mentor a high performing recruitment team involved in home office, project, and proposal recruitment
- Leading the recruiting team with close collaboration with the VP of BD
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.