| Job Description: ||
AECOM's Commercial Technical and Operational Service organization is seeking a demonstrated professional Business Development professional to work from a virtual location with expected travel up to 75%.|
- Participates and drives sales process in order to meet identified business growth and profit objectives (outside of existing clients).
- Sources new clients to grow a sustainable opportunity pipeline in alignment with Commercial O&M business unit strategy and growth goals.
- Manages and or participates in the sales/capture process from beginning to end to close deals, with overall responsibility for aspects to include relationship development, value proposition, solution development, internal risk reviews, proposal preparation budgets/ schedules/ project job descriptions, technical writing, graphics, document editing, content review, printing, document assembly, client presentations, negotiation and contract finalization (working with assigned technical and support resources, as appropriate).
- Maintains productive relationships with existing and/or new clients/prospects throughout contract lifecycle.
- Manages the tracking and reporting of business development activities and progress through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, including development of internal management reports and presentations.
- Works with Operations leadership to evaluate potential new opportunities and make go/no-go decisions.
- Collaborates with operational, functional and business development resources across the Company to enhance business growth and successful delivery.
- Contributes to the development of the business unit's annual strategic plan, including establishing and delivering on key business goals and metrics.
*IN*EICFM Minimum Requirements Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Science, Construction, Engineering or Facility Management from an accredited college or university, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience. Eight years of experience in professional business development / direct sales related to Facility Management and Production/Process Maintenance Services within the Commercial Sector. Ability to travel 75% throughout the continental United States. Additional Information:
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver's License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AECOM, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout diverse work environments as required by business demand.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movements.
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Science, Construction, Engineering, Facility Management or related program. Experience with full life cycle direct sales, including managing the marketing, planning, research support, and proposal development. Demonstrated record of successful Business Development campaigns, including developing new clients and alliances and negotiating and closing new account opportunities to meet annual forecasted new revenue and earnings targets. Experience selling Maintenance Services in a Manufacturing Environment. Ability to deliver unflinching client focus, demonstrating passion for solving clients' problems, exploring new opportunities with them, and supporting market focused solutions. Ability to communicate with impact, including building networks to exchange ideas and build support; demonstrating empathy, understanding and active listening skills; and eliciting feedback. Demonstrated ability to work multiple opportunities simultaneously. Other Attributes:
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.