Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Earth Tech Inc.. |
We are currently seeking a General Ledger Manager to support our office located in Germantown, MD. This individual will be responsible for managing multiple accounting functions, including responsibility for preparation and issuance of reports and statistics reflecting financial results. Administer approved accounting practices throughout the organization to ensure that financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations.|
- Manage staff in one or more accounting areas.
- Test, install, modify and maintain accounting systems.
- Responsible for the preparation and issuance of financial statements, tax reports and other internal and external reports as required.
- Manage the proper distribution of charges to all accounts and contracts.
- Interface with MIS departments and other internal departments supporting financial systems.
- Interface with Government, corporate and private auditors on a regular basis.
- Has a knowledge base which is recognized as "expert" level within the Finance unit. Is well-versed in the interrelationship between work units. Has breadth of knowledge about business in general, the industry and the company's services.
- Make modifications to existing procedures or systems as necessary.
- Works closely with Assistant Controllers & Controllers in ensuring all payroll activities confirm to all applicable guidelines, laws and policies. Coordinates related personnel action with Human Resources.
- Reviews the financial accounts, books, and reports relating to payroll. Reviews, audits, and controls these records.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Requirements Bachelor's degree in Accounting and at least 10 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Good written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require travel. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Preferred Qualifications None What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.