| Job Description: ||
Requisition ID: |
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
Supports general compliance with Bechtel ES&H Management Programs on the Galeota Expansion Project. Exercises a high level of independent judgment and discretion in preforming routine duties including HSE training, inspections and safety meeting facilitation. This position may have supervisory responsibility. Assists in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support the Project.
A. Supervision Received
Shaping tomorrow together
- Receives supervision and work assignments from the Project ES&H Manager, Project Manager, or Construction Manager. B. Supervision Exercised
- May directly supervise other safety specialists/engineers and provide technical oversight and direction to subcontractors ESH Personnel. C. Contacts
- Maintains relationships with internal organizations (e.g., engineering, construction, and subcontracts), customer, and contractor/subcontractor representatives to coordinate Training as per the Project requirements.
- Maintains contact, as appropriate, with government regulatory and resource agencies to obtain current information on new regulations, program initiatives, and technical requirements and standards.
- Maintains contact with other safety personnel to keep them informed of changing requirements and to provide technical assistance as needed.
- Maintains contact with customers to exchange information on safety issues, technical advances, and new technologies. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Developing Training modules related to ESH for the Project
- Conduct GEP ESH Orientation for all New Hire Employees
- Conducting all ESH related Job specific trainings at site & Class room training
- Design and deliver EH&S training programs, as directed by the Project ESH Manager
- Assign appropriate Job Specific Safety training and maintain Training Matrix
- Develop and manage a variety of specific environmental, health, and safety programs
- Conduct ESH training need analysis and to develop training Plan
- Support site ESH Team to conduct the trainings at site.
- Organizing third- party training as required for the Project
- Evaluate subcontractors ESH Induction and Training packages.
- Prepares applicable HSE materials as necessary including but not limited to incident reports, investigation summaries, observations reports, training reports, etc.
- May participate in and some cases lead detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of safety procedures, engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of national and international safety laws/regulations and regulatory agencies' processes and responsibilities, industry standards/practices for safety and health compliance, and best management practices for minimizing potential safety risks during project execution.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
- Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of safety and/or health subcontractors or consultants.
- Experience in safety inspections/assessments during construction.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risk exposures and Personal Protective Equipment standards as well as People Based Safety processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's organization structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of Bechtel standard computer applications.
- Prior experience as a HSE Trainer with history of delivering HSE Education and Training programs
- Possess problem solving skills using strategic, analytical and critical thinking
- Proven ability in leading, developing and executing HSE Education & Training programs within a global organization
- Previous experience in coordinating HSE training program
- Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing safety and health programs, budgets and staff) and field locations (e.g., construction execution and/or operating facilities) performing the responsibilities listed above.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.