| Job Description: ||
AECOM is seeking an Intermediate Budget Analyst to provide support to the AECOM government client in Aberdeen, MD. The Intermediate Budget Analysis will be responsible for leading research and development of advanced research projects and programs.|
- Provide assistance as Budget Analyst to plan, organize, and carry out annual and multi-year budgeting in all phases of budget administration to include, formulation, justification, presentation, enactment, and execution in support of the various organizational and mission related programs.
- Maintain detailed records of budgetary transactions, tracking the status of prior and current year funds.
- Monitor the execution of the budget to assure that funds are properly allocated and are being obligated and spent in a timely and effective manner in support of authorized management objectives.
- Recommend adjustments such as redistribution of funds within budget accounts in response to changes in programs and or funds available.
- Provide input to financial planning and budget drills and preparation of related documentation. Preparing Procurement Request (PR) packages and funding documents;
- Developing financial reports, documents, and briefings.
- Maintaining current baseline budget execution information; and tracking planning and execution of supplemental funding in coordination with the program offices and prepare daily supplemental execution reports in support of weekly Command reporting requirements.
- Required to develop weekly program funding obligation presentations.
- Additional duties include providing financial support for the Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution process and providing input for financial summary reports from available data sources, historical summaries of program funds, cost adjustments, funds reconciliation, appropriations close-out and to perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Responsibilities: Collect and analyze performance data. Assess and quantify cost/schedule/technical status and risk; evaluate trends, and project cost completion estimates.Participate in program management reviews and financial administration meetings.Prepare and coordinate inputs for acquisition documentation, status reports, briefings, and information inquiries. Train new staff (internal & external) on CPM concepts, analysis techniques and related reports.Conduct technical evaluation of cost proposals including fact finding, cost/technical trade-off analyses and evaluation report writing. Prepare independent cost estimates to support evaluation of alternatives including development of cost and operational effectiveness analyses, and Bottom-Up/Top-Down cost estimates.Serve as liaison to contractor finance/accounting personnel.Lead the development of cost proposals.Conduct special studies and evaluations.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job. Minimum Requirements Bachelor's Degree in Business/Finance/Economics or related field and minimum 5 years of job-related experience. Advanced training or seasoned experience in support of program management finance may be substituted for degree requirement. Requires advanced capability operating application software including word-processing and spreadsheet programs and variety of integrated software applications.
Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have experience in SOMARDS - Standard Operation and Maintenance Army Research & Development System and must have ability to write queries.
- Must have experience in Financial Reconciliations with Prior Year and Closing Year Accounts.
- Must have experience in Negative Unliquidated Obligations (NULO).
- Must have experience in Unliquidated Obligations (ULO).
- Must have experience in General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS).
- Demonstrate capability in the use of Microsoft Suite. Ability to work with MS Project.
- Requires excellent organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work.
- A Department of Defense (DoD) active SECRET security clearance is required.
- This position requires a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Preferred Qualifications
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
- Experience with government project managers is desired.
- Experience with Defense Travel System (DTS) and Automated Time, Attendance, and Production System (ATAAPS) is desired.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.