Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
General Summary |
The Quality Assurance Team Leader is responsible for building and equipment maintenance, occupational safety, food safety, quality assurance and sanitation team. Responsible for overall leadership and supervision of the Quality Assurance Team, including sub-teams.
Leads, mentors, and develops the team to achieve and surpass all department goals. Responsible for Team Member hiring, development and out placement from Team (termination must be approved by Store Leadership). Also responsible for profitability, expense control, purchasing, regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned. Complete accountability for all aspects of department operations. Maintains a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service. Also responsible for safety and maintenance in the DC and setting up systems, controls and communication with contractors and vendors.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Accountable for developing, maintaining and auditing food safety systems for the Distribution Center. (NSF)
2. Maintain Organic Certificates at the DC.
3. Review and maintain Certificate of Insurance from Vendors
4. Serve as a technical resource for all areas pertaining to safety, CCPs, maintenance and sanitation.
5. Ensure proper execution of safe food handling practices by providing training to Team Members and Team Leaders in safe food handling.
6. Accountable for Food Safety Audits (NSF, QAI), including all Regulatory Inspections (USDA, FDA, Colorado and County) for the Distribution Center.
7. Follow-up on internal and regulatory inspection results
8. Work closely with Purchasing Teams to ensure proper Certificates are on file for items being purchased.
9. Work closely with all other departments to ensure proper Receiving, Storage, and Shipping procedures are being followed
10. Monitor GMPs, SSOPs and appropriate product handling and employee hygiene and building sanitation.
11. Assure compliance with company and regulatory agencies including HACCP, OSHA and internal policies and programs to ensure employee safety and food safety.
12. Responsible for Food Defense Program and Crisis Management
13. Continuously analyzing and investigate Product mixes and temperature requirements
14. Continually seek out new ways to improve our Quality Assurance processes to support our operations.
15. Support all applicable regional and national standards, policies and programs.
16. Responsible for Recalls and Reportable Food Registry.
17. Work closely with Regional Safety and Global Food Safety Support to help institute Food Safety programs throughout the Distribution Center network.
18. Set up appointments with maintenance vendors and inspect their work and follow through with the DC repairs and equipment maintenance and repairs.
19. Maintain a log of maintenance schedules and thoroughly inspect invoices/statements for proper billing and work performed.
20. Proper use of which may include but not limited to, knives, personal protective equipment (safety shoes), forklift, pallet jacks, hand trucks, six wheel carts, baler (must be 18 years of age or older) and all other equipment used during preparation and clean up within department and facility.
21. Attend all Team and Facility meetings.
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
1. Degree in food safety a plus.
2. Solid administrative and data entry skills and experience.
3. Proven leadership track record.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
5. Exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize.
6. Ability to perform physical requirements of position.
7. Ability to deliver information in a clear and concise manner to fellow Team Members and customers.
8. Ability to comply with all WFM policies and procedures.
9. Ability to make minor repairs or have knowledge of common building construction. Also knowledge of HVAC and equipment including forklift and pallet jack.
10. Meets all customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors and fellow team members.
11. Ability to complete all tasks in a thorough and timely manner.
12. Working understanding of and compliance with all WFM quality goals, and thorough product knowledge.
13. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in recognizing and accomplishing all tasks where there is a direct job responsibility.
14. High attention to detail and thoroughness in approach with all paperwork.
15. Basic working knowledge of computers and software.
16. Proper use of, which may include but not limited to; knives, personal protective equipment, forklift, pallet jacks, hand trucks, six wheel carts, baler (must be 18 years of age or older) and all other equipment used during preparation and clean up within department and store.
17. Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the facility, including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
18. Setting an exceptional example with attitude and proactive solution thinking.
Food Safety Manager Certification is required for this role within 60 days of promotion into role or acceptance of position. Re-certification is required every 3-5 years depending on state requirements (Supervisors, Specialist, ATL, TL, ASTL, STL). Every Team.