| Job Description: ||
The Site Engineer will provide engineering support for the Fort Irwin Water - Wastewater Utility Privatization Project. The Site Engineer provides onsite support on projects including water treatment and distribution, wastewater treatment and collection, tertiary treatment and irrigation conveyance system, administrative, storage and maintenance facilities. |
The challenge? The Site Engineer will assist in providing exceptional engineering, construction services and support services to the Department of Defense (DoD). The Site Engineer career path is your chance to provide site engineering support to our client, the US Army. The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated professional with at least 5 years of engineering support of water/wastewater/tertiary treatment facilities and have working knowledge of Army structure and installation-level organizations.
Our Site Engineers:
- Administrate onsite mapping and work directly with the offsite GIS coordinator to ensure that water and sewer mapping remain current.
- Provide project oversight on connection projects related to water, wastewater, and distribution and collection systems.
- Assess proposed improvements to determine compatibility with current system and hydraulic models and gathers necessary information to update models.
- Serve as point-of-contact for water and wastewater master planning activities on the Base, and coordinate the water and wastewater master plan with overall base master plan.
- Assist the Operations and Maintenance staff of water, wastewater, and distribution and collection systems with engineering services required to address problems observed.
- Manage the development, maintenance and oversight of the Operations and Maintenance Health and Safety programs.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Act as the Health, Safety, and Environment Representative (HSER) for the project. Duties as the HSER are but not limited to:
- Periodically and no less than annually, review and update the project's health and Safety (H&S) program, H&S procedures, and standards in response to changing regulations.
- Provide employees with training on health, safety, and assistance to improve project performance.
- Review activity hazard analyses, conduct Safe Behavior Observations (SBOs) on project associates and subcontractors.
- Maintain an organized filing system with information on project monthly reports, project quarterly safety audit reports, and incident reports, among others.
- Facilitate the safety committee meetings.
- Work closely with management to prepare an action plan to accomplish corrections noted in safety inspections.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil or Mechanical or equivalent Engineering.
- Minimum five years experience in design/construction and costing of water and wastewater treatment facilities, and distribution and collection systems.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of the utility systems to be supported, including specific treatment processes in operation or planned (Wastewater, Reverse Osmosis (RO) and Electrodialysis Reversal (EDR).
- Working knowledge of military structure and installation-level organizations, especially Army.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Must possess and maintain a valid CA driver's license.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills (orally and in writing).
- California Water Operations certification Grade T2 within two years of hire
- California Water Distribution Operations Certification Grade D2 within two years of hire
- Occupational Health Safety Technician Certification within three years of hire
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- PE Certification in California within three years of hire.
- Water treatment certifications equal to or higher than California T3
- Registered PE in California
- Experience with Wastewater, EDR and RO water treatment processes
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
- Understanding of federal contracts
Developing People through Challenging Projects
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.