| Job Description: ||
Location: New York, NY
The Project Engineer assists the Project Manager in the administration of project cost and scheduling systems; performs estimating functions for changes and addenda; supervises the document and shop drawing control systems; ensures the smooth flow of information between the design team, consultants and contractors.
Minimum Requirements Engineering or Construction Management degree required Preferred Qualifications
- Plans and coordinates work on a very large or complicated project or on a major project at which exists unique problems in schedule, construction or design.
- Directs, as requested, engineering activities in preparation of project proposals, including estimates for engineering staffing, quantities, scope reviews, schedules.
- Establishes and maintains access to technical experts in the advanced technologies pertinent to the project, and sets up channels of communication to bring this expertise to bear effectively on the engineering effort.
- Requires a broad knowledge of administrative practices and skill in negotiation with representatives of the client and other organizational entities.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment.
- Supervises preparation of construction drawings and schedules.
- Supervises design of temporary construction facilities and ensures preparation of "as built" drawings and other job plans.
- Assists subordinate construction engineers and superintendents in interpreting design drawings and monitoring equipment installation, planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data to assist and advise on-site.
- Administers assigned subcontracts.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Administers subcontract changes and interfaces with client personnel.
- Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
- Previous internship experience at CM company.
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline cost scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial complexes.
- Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved including current knowledge of new methods of design and construction.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.