Show me jobs like this one
Earth Tech Inc.. |
Candidate performs various duties in support of U.S. Navy flight line aircraft maintenance operations at NAS Norfolk, VA. VAW-120. Duties include, but are not limited to: fueling; de-fueling; engine oil servicing; direct incoming and outgoing aircraft near hangar area to assist pilots maneuvering of the aircraft on ground, using hand or light signals; pre-flight, post-flight, daily/turnaround, special and conditional inspections on aircraft; secures aircraft in parking position with chocks, tie down chains and grounding wires; check for fuel contamination by draining samples from low point drains; operate ground support equipment such as electrical power supply, tow tractor, light cart, and engine starting unit; clean exterior or interior of aircraft, using portable platform ladders, brushes, rags, water hoses, and vacuums interior floors of aircraft.|
To be considered candidates must apply online at www.aecom.com
For further information call 469-888-4418 and speak with Scotty Cain
Minimum Requirements • Must have a High School diploma or GED.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
• Minimum of one (1) year actual and recent experience of organizational level aircraft maintenance, and flight line maintenance is recommended. Previous experience on (E-2C/E-2D/C-2A) aircraft desired.
• Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is preferred.
• Shift work and travel, to include work on Naval ships, is required.
• Ability to read and interpret technical publications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks. There is a great deal of standing, climbing, bending and stooping. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia driver's license (or North Carolina driver's license if North Carolina resident) and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
• Work is performed primarily outdoors under all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noise, exhaust fumes, and various types of chemicals.
• Must be able to obtain an approved status from the Contractor Verification System which includes a 7 year background check and obtain a Security Clearance for Public Trust.
Preferred Qualifications N/A What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.