| Job Description: ||
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Civil Engineer - Stormwater/Transportation for employment in the Atlanta, GA office. AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.|
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
Under the responsible charge of a Professional Engineer:
Projects range from intersection improvements, traffic calming improvements, and sidewalk improvements to major interstate and interchange reconstructions. You will work on very diverse, high profile projects. Minimum Requirements
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
- Assist in the development of MS4 programs
- Prepare training presentations/programs and instructing various stormwater related topics across the state
- Design post-construction stormwater BMPs for roadway and highway projects.
- Learning and implementing the project delivery process in the roads and highway design field
- Understanding the interaction between all disciplines within the transportation team
- Design and preparation of erosion control, hydrology, drainage design, post-construction stormwater management, and construction plans and reports
- Bachelor's degree in Civil engineering or other related field required
- Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (examples include software such as CADD, HCS, AutoCAD, GIS, Hydrologic/Hydraulic models)
- Excellent communication and writing skills (comfortable with preparing and giving presentations)
- Understanding of state/local stormwater requirements and guidelines
- Flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of AECOM
- Ability to convey thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to organize data in an efficient and clear manner
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
- Master's in Civil Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience in research and/or design for water resources, roadway, and/or highway design projects
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred
- Teaching/Training Instruction experience
- CPESC Certification
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.