| Job Description: ||
Requisition ID: |
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A SHORT TERM CONTRACT - 6 TO 12 MONTHS
Reporting to Commissioning Manager, theLife Safety Engineeringwill lead the project providing expertise and guidance onLife Safety matters.
The post holder will act as the focal point for the complete project's life cycle as set out above including the final commissioning and handover to the Employer.
The post holder will ensure that the design, procurement and construction works remain compliant with the Contract and that timely Life Safety related approvals are achieved from the Employer, the Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) and other stakeholders.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide oversight and management of Life Safety engineering aspects;
- Engage with designers and provide leadership in developing and delivering compliant designs, subsystems and works resulting in GDCD approvals
- Facilitate Safety Certification from the ISA
- Develop emergency strategies and plans including outline emergency response, firefighting and evacuation plans
- Support internal/external Stakeholders such that timely approvals are secured
- Ensure that Engineering/Procurement/Construction/Commissioning along with contractual, procedural compliance is maintained in respect of Life Safety matters
- Prepare and manage Project guidelines, procedures and plans that set out robust Life Safety processes that ensure that the delivered designs and construction works are consistent with the requirements
- Ensure that the Bechtel System Safety requirements are maintained such that timely safety hazard analysis (HAZIDs) and safety risk assessments are held in support of the developing LS designs and works;
- Review and assess the Life Safety design submissions for compliance in particular NFPA 130
- Organise and conduct regular meetings / tracking completion of agreed actions with in house teams, subcontractors and stakeholders regarding Life Safety matters;
- Conduct inspections to ensure that the subcontracted material and equipment suppliers along with installers are compliant with the Contract requirements;
- Liaison with the Bechtel Infrastructure Functional Team in regard of Life Safety functional matters.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- The Life Safety Expert will be a professional in the field of LS engineering with extensive experience in the design, construction and testing / commissioning phases of modern metro projects
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Membership of relevant institution
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent (desirable)
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Experience in working in multicultural environment involving various programme/project consortia, vendors and contractors
- Extensive knowledge of Middle Eastern Life Safety practices in particular liaison with Civil Defence authorities
- Excellent knowledge of the US National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, in particular NFPA130 and all related and sub referenced F&LS standards.
- Extensive and proven experience in the development of strategies and outline building and metro emergency planning including firefighting and evacuation plans
- Good assurance expertise, related report writing and presentations to Board level and safety authority audiences
- Substantial project life-cycle experience, especially during Certification, Testing & Commissioning, and Handover phases.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.