Show me jobs like this one
Tesla Motors. |
ABOUT TESLA ENERGY
Tesla Energy is bringing battery technology to the grid to facilitate a renewable energy ecosystem and increase grid reliability in places where it is lacking. Tesla is leveraging its breakthrough powertrain technology and manufacturing scale to develop and deploy grid connected storage at residential, industrial, and utility scales. The Energy team is small, committed, and fast moving. As a member of our team, you will help to shape the direction of our products. You must have a genuine passion for delivering products that will fundamentally change the world's energy infrastructure and must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Be a key member of a growing business team that evaluates and defines new energy storage opportunities in Japan as an emerging market.
The business development associate will:
- Rapidly evaluate market dynamics across sectors (utility, C&I, residential, etc.) and drivers (policy/regulatory, economics, etc.)
- Identify market partners and extend our network with them to cultivate JPN market
- Collaborate with Tesla Motors Inc in Palo Alto to understand the latest technology and implement new applications for JPN market
- Develop process and documentation for efficiently qualifying business opportunities
- Support logistics and technical team to be an account manager for each customer till we complete each project
This is multi-faceted role where strong knowledge of the product and the market for energy storage is expected. Besides a rock-solid work ethic and a strong team oriented personality, members of our team display creativity, passion, and a desire to break new ground in a constantly shifting technology and market landscape.
- Working knowledge of grid/utility markets, as well as grid-tied technologies, such as PV, wind, EE, DR, storage, etc.
- Experience digesting and translating technical requirements and policy/regulatory information for commercial applicability
- Demonstrated ability to perform rapid cycles of analysis, recommendation and implementation Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize work and execute many projects and tasks in parallel
- Intense desire to be on leading edge of market and technology
- Deep passion for changing the way to achieve sustainable society in JPN
- 7+ years work experience as business development
- Experience in business consulting company or related experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of battery systems, power conversion, and grid markets
- MS (engineering preferred)
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.