| Job Description: ||
Requisition ID: |
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
- " Salary for the position will be based on current market rates for the position".
The Bechtel Petrofac Joint Venture has been selected to provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services to deliver a 2 M tons per year Alumina Refinery in Abu Dhabi's Khalifa Industrial Zone.
- Be part of the Team and ethical at all times to all peers, subcontractors, vendors, team members, community personnel, Client, Operations Personnel, Supervisors and Management.
- You may be required to support other activities on the project which are deemed necessary to meet Project goals. From time to time you may be required to work additional hours to support the project needs.
- SMP Superintendent on Al Taweelah Alumina, including structural steel, piping, insulation, painting, hydrotesting and mechanical scope - in relation to the white side facilities. This position will directly report to the Night Shift Superintendent and requires close integration and liaison with Field Engineering and ES&H. Before assigning work, recognize hazards and communicate expectations of your reports to mitigate or remove hazards.
- Monitor and support the Construction activities paying particular attention to Safety, Health, Environment, Quality, Cost and Schedule. Review and comprehend documents and manuals that incorporate these key areas.
- Responsible for the overview of contractor performance for allocated areas of responsibility. This will involve planning and installation of Structural steel, Piping and Mechanical equipment (SMP). Inclusive is the management of any testing in accordance with drawings and specification and Project Standards and coordination of the works.
- Take responsibility for your facilities and be the Owner and full knowledge of the area at all times. Understand and communicate in advance Scope of Work in detail for each Craft Supervisor. Understand and lead the streamlining and efficient implementation of project permit to work and Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
- Work with the SMP Night Shift Contractors and coordinate daily to ensure performance and quality. Ensure that the contractor's recording and reporting of safety is per the project's requirements (timeliness and chain of command).
- Coordinate with other team members for installation of the works and other contractors continuously.
- Meet or beat weekly quantities to be installed to support Project schedule in a safe methodical manner.
- Identify materials, tools, labour, and equipment which may be required to Project milestones and Schedules and check that the Contractor has adequate resources to suit.
- Complete punchlist items in a timely manner in accordance with project standards to meet turnover dates in a safe methodical manner. Maybe responsible for co-ordination of other disciplines and team members to close punchlist items, this may include liaising with Start Up groups and others and organizing and facilitating meetings.
- Accept change on the project and be methodical in your work arounds to support the project. This may involve supporting other team members scope but use your resources and energy to support the Project. You may be required to carry out tasks not necessarily your daily routine but required to support the project
- Co-ordinate between Dayshift and Nightshift in an efficient manner as required
- Generate Daily Reports in detail and file for history per the BPJV format. Concentrate on facts, weather conditions, team locations on tasks and equipment locations and conversations. Record any quality issues and raise on Daily Reports if not corrected - elevate critical concerns to project action registers.
- The delivery of materials and equipment are a logistical task. Monitor schedule and ensure materials and equipment are supplied on time. In the event that deliverables are late, be proactive and optimistic with a work around as not to affect the Construction Schedule. Resolve interface work related issues in the field between work groups to ensure safety and schedule is maintained.
- Understand the Scope of Work with reference to your work packs and areas of responsibility. Understand and plan to install quantities per the schedule.
- Ensure the utilisation of equipment is maintained and co-ordinate all pool equipment best for project, this may require sharing of equipment and co-ordination with other work groups.
- Back charges to vendors will need timesheets and records completed daily and signed off ensure contractors have these completed in full and timely.
- Attend and conduct all meetings as required including but not limited to: Interface, 3 Week lookahead,120 Day Review, Coordination site meetings in facility's, Contract Meeting and Readiness meetings. These may be chaired by yourself or others.
- Understand specifications and drawings and be able to check compliance in the field in relation to quality and vendor installation manuals.
- Converse with all disciplines and work groups including Engineering, Contracts, Employee Relations, Project Controls and supervisors to resolve matters in the field and to work to the Project Plan.
- Ensure the team members execute the work in a safe and most effective least cost manner. Offer other ways of carrying out tasks without unduly affecting the morale of the team members, keep the teams motivated.
- Discuss the jobs/task with the craft during your day to day routine, review Work Method Statements, JSA's Start Cards etc on a daily basis as required by the Project
- "Lead by Example", if you do not do it, do not expect others to do it.
- Carry out performance reviews of your team members as required, provide timely feedback on their performance both positive and negative.
- Have a "Coaching and Mentoring" approach to people's shortfalls in their ability or skills. Encourage other people to excel.
- Communicate openly and honestly at all times, if something is wrong communicate early so the project can adjust or mitigate delays and cost.
- Understand and monitor the QURR (Qty Unit Rate Report) to track Performance Forecast (PF) to determine any issues such as overrun/underrun in a facility or Unit. Keep your supervisor advised of any trends.
- Support your Superintendent and your Supervisor's Managers on a day to day routine.
- Understand the Site Agreement and conditions that team members as signed up for on the Project, with the support of the Employee Relations team as required ensure team members outside these conditions are managed and or counselled with the site guidelines and performance management is carried out on the team members with the support of the Employee Relations Team.
- Participate in Reward and Recognition events to be held during the course of the project, support this in the field and participate in these events;
- Supervisors will monitor timekeeping for their team members and address any issues immediately with the Contractor.
- Ensure that Scope Changes, rework is identified and recorded for costs Up and Down in accordance with Project procedures and guidelines and that no additional work is carried out unless a Trend is approved or unless approved with Budget allocated by Project Controls. A Variation Order Request (VOR) approved by the Client is required to be given to the Contractor before work may proceed.
- Your time is to be managed to allow you to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and be punctual at all times.
- Use the Bechtel Electronic BSAP tools being used by the BPJV team to carry out your scope, to track quantities, hours and statistics.
- Attend training sessions as required and ensure your team members attend training as planned, Confined Space, Work at Heights, etc.
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
- Become familiar with the Project's Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Conduct yourself in a fair and ethical manner at all times.
- Commit to the fair and ethical treatment of others.
- Abide by the Leadership Covenants and the Vision and Values statements.
- Promote pride and ethical behavior amongst colleagues.
- Commitment to the Project's Quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors' evaluations of work performance
- Support the on-project initiatives for quality embedment with the workforce and actively engage the teams in promoting "Done Done" and "Done Right First Time" philosophy.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Demonstrate commitment to the Project's Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership
- Comply with the Site Safety rules and standard work practices and continually promote Safety on the Site in a proactive manner. Use the BPJV Standard Work Practice Procedures, Core Process Work Practices and Project Specific work practices.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.