Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Nanticoke Watershed Alliance. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
|Industries:||Nonprofit Charitable Organizations|
|Required Education:||Bachelors Degree|
|Required Work Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Travel Requirements:||25% of the time|
The Nanticoke Watershed Alliance (NWA), a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the resources of the Nanticoke River, seeks a highly qualified and motivated person to play a leadership role in developing and implementing the programs and initiatives of the NWA. The Executive Director (ED) oversees all aspects of nonprofit management, including staff supervision, financial administration, fundraising, board communication, partner organization relationship building, and more.
About the Alliance
Current programs and initiatives include the following:
Executive Director Job Description
Skills & Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in natural resource management, environmental science, or related field required. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
• At least seven years of experience in water quality restoration, watershed management, fundraising and development, non-profit management, or related field.
• Fundraising and development experience, including donor cultivation and special event delivery.
• Program administration and grant writing and management experience.
• Excellent personnel management skills, including the ability to work with Board members with diverse backgrounds, and significant experience directing, supervising, and motivating staff.
• Financial management, budgeting, and knowledge of Quickbooks is strongly desired.
• Prior experience with water quality monitoring programs and community outreach is preferred.
• Required characteristics include:
*Excellent leadership and management abilities, creativity, and a passion for the work.
*Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse personalities.
*Exceptional verbal and written communication.
*Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher)
• Candidates with direct non-profit management and fundraising experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
Location: The position is located in the Nanticoke Watershed Alliance office in Vienna, Maryland. One weekly telecommuting day may be available.
Salary: $45,000- $65,000 commensurate with skills and experience, and an excellent benefits package are included. Professional development opportunities are available.
The Nanticoke Watershed Alliance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
|Company Name:||Nanticoke Watershed Alliance|