| Job Description: ||
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Business Development Manager (BDM)- Energy Services for immediate employment.|
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies energy retrofit and performance contracting project opportunities in the Northern CA and HI regions
- Understands and leverages the appropriate State Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) program along with various other public and private contracting mechanisms
- Manages the development of projects including the preparation and development of proposals to the customers
- Markets and sells other related energy services to developers and traditional AECOM clients. Responsible for completing business and sales planning with the Regional Business Leader monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Coordinates and performs duties and responsibilities such as lead generation, customer services, preparing proposals and sales plans, and coordinating the start of projects for Performance Contracts and other energy services.
- Leverage relationship management and needs-based selling skills to provide clients with a consultative sales process.
- Develop and maintain a sales plan for identifying energy retrofit project opportunities and other services identified by the customer.
- Works closely with energy services Project Developers to develop opportunities at client sites. The Project Developers lending the technical expertise, while the BDM providing the strategic sales expertise, vision, and win themes.
- Will be involved in identifying, developing, and proposing new energy efficiency projects; negotiating partnerships and alliances; structuring and closing transactions; managing senior-level relationships internally and externally; and maintaining a sharp focus on the client during project implementation
- Will be heavily involved with the Business Line leader for the overall Energy Efficiency Businesses
- Assisting in developing a plan to achieve revenue and margin targets, and achieving those goals
- Streamlining of business pursuits and closed sales to project delivery team will be an important responsibility of the Business Development Manager
- Refinement of Business Development tools and processes is expected
- Success in this position requires a dynamic individual with high energy and motivation with an acute passion for developing large complex energy retrofit projects in the MUSH markets using existing State legislation as well as UESC contract vehicles.
- Critical requirements include teamwork skills, knowledge of the energy efficiency industries, strong business development skills, and the ability to develop high quality and creative opportunities in a fast-paced and ever-evolving industry
Preferred Qualifications None What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent of four years college level training in business, engineering, construction, management, or business administration subjects
- 6+ years of financial/performance contracting experience including previous leadership, sales, and marketing with an energy services or related organization, with responsibilities for identifying leads, closing sales, and providing oversight to a project implementation team
- Formal Sales training through a certified organization or through employer
- Strong Needs-based Sales skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Goal-oriented, hands on, team building, management style
- Knowledge of building infrastructure systems and energy analysis.
- Knowledge of large Energy Retrofit projects sold under ESPC Contracts
- Knowledge of ESPC legislation in the identified Region
- Skilled in preparing PPT presentations for sales meetings
- Good leadership and organizational skills
- Passion for excellence, drive to succeed
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.