| Job Description: ||
Summer Intern for 2017|
Under direct supervision, assist with project management support duties including but not limited to: preparation of documents related to the management of active construction projects, observe shop drawing submission and approvals, research contract plans and specifications to resolve issues.
- Provide direct support to the assigned department / project and participate in daily operations and various work processes.
- Support all efforts related to the assigned department's / project's initiatives and interface with clients and co-workers as required.
- Assist the Supervisor with planning and coordinating department / project related schedule, budget, and developmental task and functions.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Interact with colleagues, clients, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Receive guidance, training, and mentoring from senior professional personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks including the preparation of letters, memos, reports, and correspondence as requested.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets, databases, and department / project related reports.
- Conduct research, prepare reports, and make recommendations based on findings.
- Coordinate meetings, take meeting minutes, and follow up on action items.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with peers and fellow employees in a professional manner.
- Currently in school for Engineering or Construction Management degree.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
- Prior intern assignment(s) completed at a construction, engineering or architecture firm is preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Access is preferred.