| Job Description: ||
AECOM is actively seeking a small Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) pilot to provide UAS services support as part of an Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) team responsible for employing UAS tom meet a variety of client requirements. The position's location is flexible so long as the pilot resides within the contiguous 48 states of the United States. |
Essential Responsibilities: Please list what the candidate will be doing in this position
Pilot small UAS, specifically SkyCatch and DJI systemsInstruct other prospective UAS pilots on SkyCatch and DJI systemsPlan, manage, and supervise projects that require data acquisition from a variety of UAS to include VTOL and Fixed Wing systems that carry a variety of sensor packages.Apply knowledge of UAS regulatory environment, wavier approval process, and ability to research and verify foreign nation requirements to support regulatory compliant UAS operations.Perform Analysis of Alternatives in accordance with AECOM UAS standards and develop/write proposals, operations plans, safety plans, and request for quotes (RFQs) for both small and large projects that could be conducted anywhere in the world.At times, travel and work in austere and rugged field conditions employing UAS and or supervising the employment of UAS.Supervise and manage UAS data processing by managing data from a variety of sensors and projects and assessing the quality of that data to meet client needs. Engage clients and present briefings on AECOM UAS capabilities. Minimum Requirements
- FAA certified (Part 107) small UAS Pilot with instructor experience with both SkyCatch and DJI UAS.
- Knowledgeable of FAA rules and regulations regarding UAS flight operations.
- Knowledgeable of data processing tools such as Pix4D and Autodesk used to support UAS data processing into suitable products. c
- High School required, Bachelor degree preferred
- At least 2 years commercial UAS experience involving hands-on piloting to support commercial projects.
- Willing and able to travel on short notice to locations both in and outside the United States. Valid passport is required.
- Physically capable of travelling on foot while carrying at least 50 pounds of equipment over rugged terrain
- Does not require government security clearance.
Familiar with GIS processes-i.e. surveying equipment and techniques. What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
- Experience evaluating a commercial company's ability to safely employ UAS on projects.
- Experience evaluating various sensor outputs to include thermal, hyperspectral, multi-spectral, photogrammetry, and LiDAR
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.