| Job Description: ||
Tesla is looking for a Global Trade Manager to lead the continued development of Tesla's regional trade strategy in Asia Pacific. This person will be responsible for advising Tesla teams on trade, customs, and regulatory matters for new and existing business. The role will be focused on facilitating the cross-border movement of goods, minimizing Tesla's risk profile, developing new tools, and relentlessly driving cost saving and efficiency programs.
- Provide clear guidance on customs & international regulatory compliance issues that enables product introduction into targeted markets.
- Collaborate with various business functions (e.g., Tax, Finance, Supply Chain, Service, Engineering, Retail Development, Supercharger, and Energy) to build integrated, upstream, forward-looking, and efficient international processes.
- Partner closely with Logistics for management of custom broker escalations on regulatory compliance issues to ensure supply chain continuity.
- Partner with Tax on transfer pricing & customs valuation rules.
- Contribute to the design and development of global trade automation solutions to help further drive cost savings, compliance, and operational efficiency.
- Partner with the market facing teams to understand customers' needs, and define and support the business strategy for Motors and Energy initiatives.
- Experience interfacing directly with customs and partner government agency authorities to successfully resolve audits, challenges and queries.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver novel and practical solutions to solve complex issues.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with an ability to multi-task several projects at once, including a demonstrable ability to drive decision-making in a fast-paced environment with on-demand requests.
- Ability to drive complex, cross functional projects including setting scope, reaching consensus, executing on tasks, and presenting results.
- Ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively at all levels.
- Strong experience with MS Office Applications, including knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with implementing (or at a minimum utilizing) databases and enterprise resource planning ("ERP") global trade automation solutions.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent required; MA in relevant field (e.g., international policy, international business) strongly preferred.