Show me jobs like this one
Nature Conservancy. |
|Type of Employment:||Part Time|
WORK WITH US |
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Office Assistant will provide a full range of administrative and program support to the Conservancy staff based in the Ft Collins office.
The Office Assistant will perform various administrative tasks, including some or all of the following: sorting and distributing mail, answering phones, organizing and maintaining files, purchasing, maintaining equipment, and working with vendors. They may handle domestic and international travel arrangements and calendar for supervisor. They will schedule and coordinate logistics of meetings and may assist with the coordination of special events. The Assistant may communicate on behalf of the supervisor with internal and external sources, including staff, partners, government officials and donors. They may handle inquiries about program activities and assist in the development of program materials and correspondence. They will use available systems and resources to maintain and track data and produce reports as needed. They will provide other staff with information they need to make decisions and solve problems. They will have frequent interaction with staff throughout the program and in other Conservancy offices, and with vendors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
• Does not supervise any staff, but may help plan and direct the work of volunteers or interns;
• Prioritize tasks in the absence of specific instructions and make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments; duties are performed according to instructions or established practices and supervisor will resolve any problems or questions;
• Maintain limited financial responsibility, which may include processing invoices, preparing accounting forms, purchasing, or creating travel expense reports;
• May serve as a team member for assigned projects;
• Work hours are approximately 8 hours a week with potential for additional hours as needed
• Associates Degree plus 1 year experience or equivalent combination;
• Experience managing diverse activities to meet deadlines;
• Experience providing administrative support, including some or all of the following: phones/customer service, mail distribution, equipment maintenance, coordinating travel arrangements and meetings, or organizing files;
• Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people; and
• Experience writing, editing, and proofreading written materials.
• Must be able to work from the Ft. Collins, CO office
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross cultural experiences are appreciated;
• Ability to analyze available information for the purpose of preparing reports and solving problems;
• Database skills;
• Familiarity with standard business communications;
• Excellent customer service skills and focus; and/or
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 45376, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on May 5th, 2017.
Click "submit" to apply for the position or "save for later" to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.